Here are a few helpful tips to the plumbing in your bathroom running smoothly.
- Regularly run hot water down the drains to to ensure they stay free-flowing. Once a week should be good.
- If you have any leaky faucets repair them as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your fixtures and faucets.
- Install strainers in your tub and shower drains that catch hair and soap chips. This will help to prevent clogs from occurring. Remember to clean the strainers regularly.
- Here’s an easy household tip to remove ugly mineral deposits from your shower head. Put about a cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the shower head. Use a twist tie or zip tie to hold it in place and let stand overnight. Remove the bag in the morning and wipe off the mineral deposits with a damp cloth.
- Remember to never use your toilet as a wastebasket. Do not flush things such as facial tissue, diapers, or sanitary products as they will not dissolve and will likely clog the lines. Keep a small trash can in each bathroom.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep the plumbing in your kitchen in tip top shape.
- Be careful what you put in the disposer. You should never put hard-to-grind, fibrous, or stringy waste such as celery, banana peels, skins, or carrots into the garbage disposer.
- Running cold water down the disposal drain for 15-20 seconds before and after using your garbage disposer can help flush waste through the line to prevent clogs.
- Never pour liquid grease down the sink drain; once grease cools it will turn into a solid inside of your pipes and cause clogs. Wipe any grease from pots and pans with a paper towel and be sure to dispose of it in the trash.
A Word of Caution to the Do-It-Yourself Home Plumber
CPR Plumbing Services prides itself on educating its customers and is a firm believer that a knowledgeable home owner is a smart home owner. Maintenance of your home plumbing is just as important, if not more important, as regular maintenance of your car. Properly maintaining your home plumbing can not only save you money in the long run, but also makes your home a safer place for your family and those who visit your home.
Many of the tips and tutorials are here to help you maintain your home and perform basic repairs to minor plumbing issues around the house. A home owner should never attempt to make repairs to major plumbing problems if they don’t know what they are doing. Making mistakes while trying to perform major plumbing repairs can not only be costly mistakes, but could also put you in harms way. You should always contact a licensed plumber when you are not sure what are doing.
If you have a plumbing issue that requires the assistance of a qualified and licensed plumber, please don’t hesitate to contact us and tell us about your problem! We’re always help to help!
Contact CPR Plumbing
7204 Elm Dr Suite #104
The Colony, TX 75056
Where and when we work
CPR Plumbing Services provides fast and quality 24 hour a day 7 day a week plumbing diagnostic, repair, and installation services to most North Dallas Metroplex locations.